Hire ASP.NET Developers from Central Europe
Hire senior remote ASP.NET developers with strong technical and communication skills for your project
Hire YouDigital ASP.NET Developers
ASP.NET Use Cases
Top Skills to Look For in an ASP.NET Developer
Would you need a similar type of tech talent?
Our vast resource network has always available talents who can join your project.
ASP.NET Interview Questions
– WebForms uses a Page Life Cycle and events (like button clicks). MVC uses a pattern-based separation of concerns with Models, Views, and Controllers.
– WebForms has ViewState for maintaining state, whereas MVC is stateless.
– WebForms uses master pages for layout, while MVC uses Layouts.
– The request is received by the Global.asax and passed to the appropriate controller.
– Controller determines the appropriate action to handle the request.
– Action processes and returns a particular type of ActionResult (View, PartialView, Redirect, Content, etc.).
– Finally, the response is rendered on the client side.
– TempData retains values for the duration of a single request but can be persisted for an additional request.
– ViewData is a dictionary object that stays during a single request-response life cycle.
– ViewBag is a dynamic wrapper around ViewData.
– ActionResult is an abstract class representing a command to produce a result.
– ViewResult is a derived class of ActionResult that renders a view to the response stream.
ASP.NET offers various session management techniques like InProc, StateServer, and SQLServer. InProc stores session state in memory, making it faster, whereas StateServer and SQLServer store it out-of-process, suitable for web farms.
Dependency Injection is a design pattern where objects receive their dependencies from external sources. ASP.NET Core has built-in support for DI, promoting a decoupled design, ease of testing, and separation of concerns.
– Razor Pages is a page-focused framework for building dynamic web content. It simplifies the code by co-locating the view and its logic.
– MVC separates concerns into Models, Views, and Controllers.
Filters are custom classes executed during an action’s execution pipeline, e.g., Authorization filters, Action filters, Result filters, and Exception filters.
Exceptions can be handled using custom error pages, the “HandleError” attribute, or overriding the “OnException” method in a controller.
It’s an optional file that handles application-level events, such as “Application_Start”, “Session_Start”, and “Application_Error”.
Bundling combines multiple files into a single file, reducing HTTP requests. Minification reduces the size of the file by removing unnecessary characters.
Entity Framework is an ORM that allows developers to work with relational data using domain-specific objects. The Code First approach allows developers to define model classes first, and the database gets created/updated based on these models.
Web API is a framework for building HTTP-based services. Unlike traditional web services (ASMX), it can produce different content types like JSON, XML, and supports RESTful patterns.
CORS is a security measure imposed by browsers. To enable CORS in Web API, you can use the “EnableCors” attribute on controllers or actions.
Middleware components handle requests and responses, forming a pipeline. Each middleware can either pass the request to the next component or short-circuit it. Examples include authentication, routing, and logging.